Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Beyonce isn't exactly my favorite style star, I believe she wears clothes that work for her, that I wouldn't necessarily wear, though she always looks nice. Here she is with husband Jay-Z in Paris in a pretty floral print dress with snakeskin Louboutin shoes and matching purse
On a sidenote, though I may be lukewarm about B's style...I love her music. She is one of my favorite live performers...she knows how to work the stage.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Sunday, April 10, 2011
The lovely Talitha of TTime Chatter awarded me with the "Stylish Blogger Award", first, thank you because this is the first time I've received a blogger award (crazy, I know ;) and second, thanks for checking out my blog.
Five Things About Me:
1. I really, really like those half and half double-stuffed Oreos. Mainly because they remind me of the cookies I used to trade my pudding for in kindergarten (don't you miss those days?).
2. Moving to L.A. permanently is my birthday goal (four months and counting).
3. I love watching Audrey Hepburn films, not just for the fashion, but because she was just a great actress. Sabrina is one of my favorites.
4. I spend way to much time blog-hopping, when I should be finishing my novel (there are just so many great blogs out there).
5. I can't wait until I finally finish my first novel...I'm almost there, it's a young adult novel about a girl who can talk to ghosts. That's all I can say right now, though I may add an excerpt at some point.
Talitha also granted me with this award:
I pass these awards on to: whoever reads my blog and wishes to participate :). Just leave a comment below so that I can check out your answers.
Thought I'd share a few photos from my recent trip to Knaus Berry Farm, a farm that is open in the Redlands (about 30 minutes south of Miami) from November-April. They seriously have the best cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted and my favorite vanilla milkshake, though they have other flavors, including pineapple, mango, chocolate and strawberry.
Friday, April 8, 2011
I was a little skeptical about the whole small, crossbody bag trend. It just didn't seem possible that I could fit all of the things I place in my regular (extra) large handbags (a little notebook, lotion, wallet, phone and miscellaneous stuff that I pick up along the way). However, when I saw the last of the Mulberry for Target bags a few months ago (they were on serious clearance at that point) I decided to give this little number a try. I started wearing it a few days ago and the freedom I feel walking around with nothing in my hands is unbelievable. Sure, it doesn't fit my wallet, but it fits the important things, my ipod, lotion and anti-bacterial stuff phone and my sunglasses. All in all, it's my new favorite bag. Of course, now I am on the hunt for a small colorful bag to add to my collection.
This Kate Spade may do the trick:
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Saw this video on Anna Wintour and just had to share. It's a brief look on her career, but there was a lot in it that I wasn't aware of...like she was fired from one of her first editing jobs for being to "European" and that she worked as a fashion editor for a women's erotic magazine (you read that right). It's incredibly inspiring. Enjoy :)